CRYO-ACCURIZING – RIFLE, SHOTGUN, AND FIREARM BARREL CRYOGENIC STRESS RELIEF AND STABILIZATION
How can you benefit from our CRYO-Barrel Stress Relief process?
CRYO-Barrel Stress Relief is a computer-controlled scientific dry cryogenic tempering process which relieves stress in firearm barrels and takes only SEVENTY-TWO (72) hours to process at our facility in Decatur, IL and permanently improve your weapon for the better! Stress normally causes a barrel, whether in rifles, pistols, or shotguns, to bend or warp as it heats up from repeated firing. This warping causes a stringing, walking or wandering effect in the shot group. After 300 Below’s Cryo Accurizing® process is applied, the movement of the barrel is significantly reduced. The end result is a firearm barrel with proven, increased performance, resulting in significant accuracy improvements and extended barrel life. Firearms are also noticeably easier to clean and maintain, ensuring that your weapons stay operational and on target in times of critical need.
300 Below originated US Patent #5,865,913 for its deep cryogenic treatment of firearms, and has continued to improve its processes and methods for treatment since the original patent was filed.
What firearm users can benefit from cryogenic processing?
- Casual shooters
- Competition shooters
- Law-enforcement personnel
- Military service members
What firearms can be cryogenically treated?
- Machine guns
- Tank barrels
What benefits firearms can obtain through cryogenic treatment?
- Increased shooting accuracy
- Reduced weapon downtime for firearms
- Easier cleaning and maintenance
- 50% tighter shot group
- Increased barrel life
- Increased wear resistance
- Reduced friction and heat
- Increased velocity of about 50-60 feet per second
- Creates a more uniform and smoother gun surface
- Better shooting scores
- Less stringing
- Rapid heat dissipation
50% TIGHTER SHOT GROUP
INCREASES BARREL LIFE
CRYO-Barrel Stress Relief is a computer-controlled scientific dry cryogenic tempering process which relieves stress in firearm barrels and takes only SEVENTY-TWO (72) hours to process at our facility in Decatur, IL and permanently improve your weapon for the better! Stress normally causes a barrel, whether in rifles, pistols, or shotguns, to bend or warp as it heats up from repeated firing. This warping causes a stringing, walking or wandering effect in the shot group. After 300 Below’s patented Cryo Accurizing™ process, the movement of the barrel is significantly reduced. The end result is a firearm barrel with proven, increased performance, resulting in significant accuracy improvements and extended barrel life. Firearms are also noticably easier to clean and maintain, ensuring that your weapons stay operational and on target in times of critical need.
300 Below treats weapons for casual shooters, competition shooters, law-enforcement personnel, and military service members around the world. Whether you’re looking to treat a rifle, pistol, shotgun, machine gun (like the M249 SAW pictured below) or even a tank barrel, we have the experience and capacity to ensure that it is treated accurately and professionally every time. In times where every shot counts and your life depends on the uptime of the weapon, 300 Below helps remove uncertainty and helps shooters perform at their peak. We treat weapons for all branches of the military, ERT, HRT, SWAT, and many other undisclosed agencies protecting top leaders around the world. When accuracy and servicability is critical, shooters in-the-know depend on 300 Below to provide the extra edge they need to succeed.
Call For Custom Pricing
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee
Over 50,000 Gun Barrels Successfully Processed
- Pack up your one (1) barrel or barreled action so that you are comfortable throwing it hard against the wall.
- Send it to 300 Below, Inc. at 2999 E. Parkway Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
- After you call for pricing, enclose a check made payable to 300 Below, Inc. (This includes return shipping for one barrel.)
That’s it! We will process your gun barrel in 72 hours and ship it back to you with $300 of insurance.
And, like we said before, the process is 100% guaranteed or your money back if you are not pleased for ANY reason.
We’re featured on the DISCOVERY CHANNEL>
for our Cryo-Barrel stress relief technology.
The Cryo-Barrel Process
All Guns Have Barrel Stress
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the turnaround time?Turnaround is five(5) to seven(7) days.
- Can I send my barrel with the receiver?YES. However, [highlight]it must be stripped.[/highlight] While 300 Below does treat bolt or trigger mechanisms, any stock and plastic pieces must be removed. Scope mounts may remain attached.
- Does the process help Stainless Steel barrels as well as Blue (Chrome Moly)?YES. The Deep Cryogenic Process will relieve the stress in most all types of steel.
- What is the maximum length of barrel you can treat?We have treated barrels from a .380 Auto to a 9-foot 30 mm Cannon, and everything in between
- Is the Stress Relief Permanent?Yes. The stress relief is a permanent, one-time, irreversible process.
- Does the freezing process affect the cleaning of the barrel?YES. Most shooters have reported that their barrels clean much easier and that the velocity increased about 50-60 f.p.s. See our testimonials.
- Should I treat the blank or finished part?Both can be treated for different reasons. The blank or round is treated for the benefits of the gunsmith because it improves the machinability and dimensional stability. The finished barrel, of course, is treated for the benefits of the shooter because of the stress relief and wear resistance.
- Will the cryogenic process affect the barrel finish?No, the process will not affect the barrel finish (Blue, Parkerized, Teflon, etc.)
- Can I freeze my older barrels?Older O-U & SxS shotguns with soft soldered barrels should NOT be subjected to our process.
A Word Of Caution
We hear stories from misled shooters who have incurred rust, pitting, stress or failure inside of their barrels. There are no shortcuts. There are firms with liquid nitrogen processors who do not have the 300 Below Inc. CRYO-Barrel Stress Relief Process. Abrupt contact with the liquid nitrogen will create stresses – not cure them. The results can be adverse at best – even disastrous. 300 Below Inc., in Decatur, Illinois is the headquarters and parent company of CRYO-Barrel Stress Relief. The process for treating weapons using cryogenics originated here, at our facilities, where most major commercial cryogenic developments have been pioneered. [highlight]We utilize a proprietary computer profile and control program for the treatment of firearm barrels.[/highlight] It’s perfected, it’s the original, it’s reliable, and IT WORKS!! For forty years competitors have been seeking to copy our created markets. We have even seen these curious folks post “caution” notices on their websites while copying many of our photos. The first patent issued for processing firearms was created in house by our team. We still lead the pack in terms of cutting edge research and development. When you trust us to treat your firearms, we back our word with an unconditional money-back guarantee. We can count on two hands the number of minor incidents we’ve had after processing well over 50,000 barrels, and each incident was promptly resolved by our team. We average less than a single scratch every three years. We invite you to see our state of the art 10,000 s.f. facility. There’s a reason the military, like many other professional shooting groups in the past, continues to trust us to get the job done. You never regret investing a few dollars more in quality workmanship. We are extremely thorough. We have refused to take shortcuts for forty years, and relentlessly strive to do it right. The first time. Every barrel is treated as if your life depended on it. We know that in MANY cases, it actually does.