Combination of Titanide and cryogenic processing help reduce warranty claims for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of earthmoving equipment, machines, and tools by ensuring that hydraulic rams and other parts exposed to raw earth experience decreased impingement, resulting in longer service life and less downtime for parts. Depending on the environment, and in conjunction with 300 Below’s cryogenic processing services, service life may increase up to 1400%.
For large fleets of earthmoving equipment past the point of purchase, Titanide should benefit the six-sigma quality controls in place to ensure that equipment uptime is maximized and maintenance schedules are decreased across the board. Traction devices, including track treads can enhance their wearability while decreasing the likelihood of microfracturing and threading over a single tangential point of load.
What is the Titanide – Tungsten DiSulfide (WS2) Surface Treatment?
300 Below’s Titanide treatment is a lamellar molecularly bonded tungsten disulfide compound offering superior quality performance in lubrication over traditional lubricant technologies. Simply put, it’s the strongest slickest lubricant you’ll ever need. Since Titanide can be applied to every type of metal and a majority of man-made materials at room temperature, we have engineered a unique application process to ensure comprehensive adhesion, minimal waste and increased applicational efficiency for even small quantity treatment batches. Similar to cryogenics, Tungsten DiSulfide (WS2) was originally pioneered by NASA for use in its space programs. WS2 technology has since proven viable for all industries served by 300 Below, and was brought in-house for further testing and development. Once we pioneered our unique adhesion system, Titanide emerged as a complementary application for most of the components already subjected to our cryogenic treatment process.
What are the benefits of combination of Titanide and cryogenic processing for earthmoving equipment?
- Inert, non-toxic, and non-corrosive treatment.
- Reduction of abrasive wear.
- Hydraulic Pumps (4X extended life on pumps).
- Environmentally friendly.
- Making a treated surface be stronger, slicker, wear-resistant.
- Functionally lubricant from -350˚F to +1000˚F (cryogenically stable).
- Impervious to solvents (even chlorinated variants) and refined fuels.
- Applied at room temperature with molecular adhesion from 120 psi+.
- Molecularly bonded as a dry coating with only 0.5 micron buildup.
- Resists carbon build-up and will NOT peel, flake, or chip away.
- Provides full (100%) lubricity throughout the entire structure.
- Retains the dimensional integrity of the bonded substrate.
- Reduces mechanical lubrication problems on treated parts.
- Enhances structural performance and component service life.
- Eliminates issues with excessive wear, noise, and component seizures.
- Withstands over 300,000 psi of load, subjective to substrate limitations.
- Provides an ultra low frictional coefficient at µ=0.030 dynamic range (µ=0.070 to 0.090 static).
What parts of earthmoving equipment and machinery can benefit from the combination of Titanide and cryogenic processing?
- Hydraulic Pumps