Titanide Dry Lubrication Treatment
Tungsten DiSulfide (WS2) Surface Treatment
Making your surface a stronger, slicker, wear-resister.
When you Remember The Titan, you’ll be remembered for extending the life and lubricity of your organization’s most critical components. In most cases, the savings from Titanide may exceed your team’s net earnings as a raw percentage. 300 Below’s Titanide treatment is a lamellar molecularly bonded tungsten disulfide compound offering superior quality performance in lubrication over traditional lubricant technologies.
Simply put, it’s the strongest slickest lubricant you’ll ever need. Since Titanide can be applied to every type of metal and a majority of man-made materials at room temperature, we have engineered a unique application process to ensure comprehensive adhesion, minimal waste and increased applicational efficiency for even small quantity treatment batches. Similar to cryogenics, Tungsten DiSulfide (WS2) was originally pioneered by NASA for use in its space programs.
WS2 technology has since proven viable for all industries served by 300 Below, and was brought in-house for further testing and development. Once we pioneered our unique adhesion system, Titanide emerged as a complimentary application for most of the components already subjected to our cryogenic treatment process.
- Inert, non-toxic, non-corrosive (So, really, environmentally friendly!)
- Functionally lubricant from -350˚F to +1000˚F (cryogenically stable)
- Impervious to solvents (even chlorinated variants) and refined fuels
- Applied at room temperature with molecular adhesion from 120psi+
- Molecularly bonded as a dry coating with only 0.5 micron buildup
- Resists carbon build-up and will NOT peel, flake, or chip away
- Provides full (100%) lubricity throughout the entire structure
- Retains the dimensional integrity of the bonded substrate
- Reduces mechanical lubrication problems on treated parts
- Enhances structural performance and component service life
- Eliminates issues with excessive wear, noise, and component seizures
- Withstands over 300,000 psi of load, subjective to substrate limitations
- Provides an ultra low frictional co-efficient at µ=0.030 dynamic range (µ=0.070 to 0.090 static)
Select a category below
to explore Tungsten DiSulfide (WS2) applications.